Breast – This part of the body is commonly ignored during younger years but when the girl reaches her puberty age, this is when these two little lumps began to form and be noticed by the opposite sex. Generally, it is during this stage that young girls’ mind are full of questions about the changes in their body and why the changes happening in theirs is somewhat different from the other girls of the same age.
Learning everything about those two lumps that enhances the woman’s body curve is somewhat summarized in a video made by AsapSCIENCE which they uploaded on YouTube. Based on the video, the things you should know about breast are as follows:
- Breast milk are made of protein, sugar and fat pulled from the mother’s blood supply;
- Breast shapes and sizes vary and weight as well as hormones play part in it;
- Fifty percent of the female population have breast asymmetry – meaning the left boob is larger than the right or vice versa. This can also be attributed to the change in hormones;
- The tip of the breast is called nipple, the dark portion surrounding the nipple is called areola and those little bumps in the areola are called Montgomery’s gland;
- Montgomery’s glands make oily secretions to keep the areola and the nipple lubricated and protected and makes the breast striking to babies;
- The mother’s nipple sends a signal to the brain to release milk only when the baby starts to suckle;
- Breastfeeding builds a strong bond between the mother and the baby (both physical and emotional);
- Stimulation of nipples gives almost the same effect as to their clitoris.
- New risk factors for breast cancer are breast density, age of first pregnancy and genetics.